New Cute Netbooks and Cheapskate Windows 7 Starter -_-

Today, my neighbor asked help from me, to change wallpaper at his newly bought netbook. At first, i think this would be an easy task, since it just changing wallpaper. Then, he showed me his..


"Wow! A red Toshiba, damn cute la" I said :Þ

Later, I found another one!!

Me: and this cute red Acer Ferrari, new too? whose is it?
Him: err..that my father's, yep its new too.

Lol, i thought finished already. Actually, there was one more netbook lying around.

"and what about this cute white Acer aspire one? Your 2nd one? new too?" asked me again
"no la, that is my sister's, yep new, but you know what, both mine and my sister's can't change wallpaper. Why lor? That Ferrari is just doing fine. All use Windows 7 what?" he replied.

Then, the conversation continued:

Me: Hmm, let me check Control Panel for "Display Options". Option for changing wallpaper is usually there.

I checked the Toshiba, hmm no such option??Weird. I'm very sure that i found that option in Windows 7 before. Then, the White Aspire. Same thing. After checking the Ferrari, i realize that the Windows are somewhat not the same. Then, i check the My Computer properties.

Me: Oh, this one use Windows 7 Home Premium la. I can easily change wallpaper here. No Sweat!

Him: Then, check the other two.

Me: O.K!

Then, i checked, both of them was using Windows 7 Starter Edition.

Me:  Lol, Starter Edition only, no wonder la, this windows has very limited functionality, just like the previous Starter Edition Windows. but cannot change wallpaper?? this is really too much, or has I missed anything?? Let me check in the net if this really true or not..

Him: O.K take your time. Meanwhile, i make you a drink.

Me: Gee, thanks, perfect timing!

After surfing around, i found that Microsoft has disabled the option for changing wallpapers in Windows 7 Starter. This is really a shame for Microsoft!! What a cheapskate..
I don't satisfied with this and try to search for a possible workaround.
Bingo! At last, after googling around, I found a brilliant solution.

Me: Hey, I found the answer, gonna try this.

Him: Thats good to hear. Don't forget to take the drink.

Me: Ah, forgot to drink. Thanks.

I tried it and finally, wallpaper can be changed. Tadaa...


Him: You really saves my day. Thanks a lot. ^_^

Me: My pleasure. This is good experience for me too ^_^.

So, that is the story for today. With this, i got a good tips to share with you all, especially to those who are using Windows 7 Starter. Head to here for this useful tips:
How to change wallpaper in windows 7 starter??

***** 



Netbooks Comel Yang Baharu dan Windows 7 Starter Yang Hampeh -_-

Hari ni, jiran depan rumah mintak tolong dengan saya untuk tukar wallpaper netbook dia yang baru beli. Mula-mula, saya rasa ni senang je, sebab tukar wallpaper je kan. Lepas tu, dia tunjuk dia punya..

"Wow! Toshiba merah, comel giler la" saya kata camtu :Þ

Lepas tu, saya jumpa lagi satu!!

Saya: Acer Ferrari merah comel nih, baru gak ke? sape punya?
Dia: err..tu ayah saya punya, baru gak tuh.

La, ingatkan abih dah. Rupa-rupanya, ada satu lagi netbook kat situ.

"Acer aspire one yang putih ni plak? Ko nyer lagi satu ke? baru gak?" saya tanya lagi
"tak la, tu akak saya punya, baru gak, tapi pelikla, yang saya dengan akak saya punya tak leh tukar wallpaper. Kenapa ek? Ferrari tu okay jer. Semua pakai Windows 7 apa?" jawab dia.

Pas tu, perbualan ni tak abih lagi:

Saya: Hmm, biar saya check Control Panel, cari "Display Options". Biasanya, ada option nak tukar wallpaper kat situ.

Saya check Toshiba tu, hmm tak de pon option tu??Pelik. Saya memang pasti sangat ade option tu dalam Windows 7 sblom nih. Same gak dengan Aspire putih tuh. Pas check Ferrari tu, barula saya sedar Windowsnya agak lain sket. Pas tu, saya check properties My Computer.

Saya: Oh, ini pakai Windows 7 Home Premium la. Senang je nak tukar wallpaper kat sini. Tak de hal nyer!

Dia: Cuba check yang dua lagi tu.

Saya: O.K!

Pas tu, saya check la, dua-duanya pakai Windows 7 Starter Edition.

Saya:  La, Starter Edition jer, patutla, windows ni fungsi dia terhad, cam Windows Starter yang sebelum ni. tapi tak leh tukar wallpaper?? ini sudah lebih, ke ade tertinggal apa-apa?? Biar saya check dalam internet jap, betul ke tak ni?..

Dia: O.K Silakan. Sementara tu, saya buat air dulu.
Saya: Trimas, tepat pada masanya!

Lepas mencari-cari, saya dapat tahu yang Microsoft telah menghilangkan option untuk tukar wallpapers dalam Windows 7 Starter. ni memang memalukan Microsoft la!! Hampeh sungguh..
Saya tak puas hati camni dan cuba cari jalan penyelesaian.
Bingo! Akhirnya, pas tanya pakcik google, maka terjumpalah penyelesaian yang sungguh mantap.

Saya: Hey, saya dah jumpa jawapan, nak cubalah ni.

Him: Sedap telinga mendengarnya ya. jangan lupa minum air tu.

Me: Ah, lupe plak nak minum. Trimas.

Saya pun cuba dan akhirnya dapat tukar wallpaper. Tu dia...


Dia: Awak ni memang penyelamat saya. Trimas banyak-banyak. ^_^

Me: Sama-sama. Saya pun dapat pengalaman yang best ^_^.

Jadi, itu lah saja citer untuk hari ni. Dengan ini, saya mendapat tips untuk dikongsikan kepada anda semua, terutamanya kepada sesiapa yang pakai Windows 7 Starter. Klik link di bawah ni untuk tips yang sangat berguna tu:
Bagaimana untuk menukar wallpaper windows 7 starter??

P/S: Trimas = Terima Kasih (slang)
***** 

0 loyar baik..:

Reviewed by :

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm a translator!

About Me

My photo
a lonely 'cat' on a mystical adventure... wanna join me? add my YM: tidus_x81

Make urself comfortable, okay (^_^)


ShoutMix chat widget

My Mailbox..

Tetamu Aktif (^_^)

My Fanclub (^_^)

IPv4 Statistics

Blog-GempaQ